Sep 15, 2021
Black Girl Freedom Fund Call for Funding Applications
In honor of the inaugural year of #1billion4blackgirls, Black Girl Freedom Fund (BGFF), the largest initiative of Grantmakers for Girls of Color (G4GC), is thrilled to announce this open call for applications to be funded through BGFF.
This round is open to organizations that center the leadership of Black girls, femmes and gender-expansive youth. We are especially excited to invite Black women and femme-led organizations to apply for this round of funding. Applications will be open through October 30, 2021. Future rounds of grantmaking will focus on other priority areas.
Criteria for funding
Criteria for funding include U.S.-based organizations 501(c)3 or fiscally-sponsored projects that are:
- Led by Black girls and/or Black women, Black femmes, Black gender-expansive folks
- Led by Black people, or other people of color, and serves Black girls, Black femmes, Black gender-expansive youth
- Focuses on leadership development, including political education, community organizing, or teaches Black girls to exercise the power of their voice, or related mission
- Currently facilitates programming virtually, in-person, or both
- Centers the leadership and power of Black girls, femmes and Black gender-expansive youth in the organization’s mission and/or programs
For more information
You can learn more about the application process for this round of grant making by visiting grantmakersforgirlsofcolor.org or 1Billion4BlackGirls.org, signing up for updates (at the bottom of this page), and following us on social media: