Last month, we announced a brand new $1 million fund to address the immediate impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on girls, fem(mes), and nonbinary/gender expansive youth of color.
It gives me great joy to share this list of G4GC’s first-ever grantees with you today.
Each awarded organization impressed us with their long-term commitment centering girls and gender expansive youth of color, while responding immediately, creatively, and with care to provide relief and healing during this ongoing pandemic.
G4GC’s Love is Healing COVID-19 Response Fund Grantees – Round 1:
- Alliance for Girls
- Artists ReEnvisioning Tomorrow Inc
- Assata’s Daughters
- Brown Girls Mentoring
- Cia Siab, Inc.
- Cinnamongirls, Inc
- Daughters Beyond Incarceration
- EmpowHer Institute, Inc.
- Florence Crittenton Services of Colorado
- Freedom Inc.
- Girl Be Heard Institute
- Girls For A Change
- Girls for Gender Equity, Inc
- Greenmount West Community Center Foundation
- Gwen’s Girls Incorporated
- HEART Women & Girls
- Hmong American Women’s Association
- Indigenous Vision
- Monsoon Asians & Pacific Islanders in Solidarity
- Operation Restoration
- Pu`a Foundation
- Sadie Nash Leadership Project
- Safe Hands for Girls
- Sakhi for South Asian Women
- Save a Girl Save a World Inc.
- SOUL Sisters Leadership Collective
- The Colored Girls Museum
- The Fannie Lou Hamer Institute of Advocacy & Social Action
- The Lighthouse | Black Girl Projects
- The Mentoring Center
- Young Women Empowered
- Young Women Freedom Center
We will feature each of these outstanding organizations on our social media over the next several weeks.
The G4GC Love is Healing COVID-19 Response Fund seeks to support coalitions and organizations that have been fighting historical inequities and the marginalization of girls of color well before COVID-19. Applications are by invitation-only and are being accepted on a rolling basis online with funds distributed between May-November. All organizations that meet the qualifications are invited to submit an interest form for consideration. For more information on the G4GC Love is Healing COVID-19 Response Fund, please see our FAQ here.
Thank you for all the work you are doing, through this pandemic and always, to build a world in which all girls and gender expansive youth of color are healthy, safe and thriving.
Monique W. Morris, Ed.D. (she/her)
Grantmakers for Girls of Color